School Health CentreJuly 27, 2020
Prue Gardner heads School Health Centre Team at One Tree Hill College.
Nursing and Health Care
Prue is our lead School Nurse at One Tree Hill College. Brigid Hoffman Dervan completes the school nursing team. Both of the School Nurses are professionally trained and registered with extensive experience in youth health. Our nurses are expected to be trustworthy and respect student privacy and confidentiality. The nursing team is complimented by the services of a doctor and psychologist.
The School Health Centre services are funded by the Auckland District Health Board to provide comprehensive health care in a friendly, supportive environment.
The School Health Centre team is able to provide:
- Doctors clinic one day per week
- Psychologist services
- Emergency first aid
- Annual health check for each Year 9 student
- Support for students with ongoing medical conditions or injuries ie. Diabetes, asthma, rheumatic heart disease, allergies, concussion etc
- Screening for vision, hearing etc.
- Support for immunisation programmes
- Access for visiting specialists from Starship and public health nurses for follow up care
- Free health advice to students and their families
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to share student medical concerns in confidence with the School Health Centre Team.
The School Nurses can be contacted by email: email@example.com
Physiotherapy is available at school through the School Health Centre. Physiotherapy services are provided by ProActive Health to support rehabilitation from injury. The Physiotherapists that work with students on site are trained and experienced. Students should request an appointment to see a Physiotherapist through the School Health Centre Booking System – students are to see the nurse in the first instance.
To request an appointment with any of the School Health Centre team please do so through the School Health Centre Booking System: